Secondhand Love.

0

Category: , ,

Yesterday was Mother's day. So like every Mother's day we took my mom out for a lovely day. This year we decided to take her to a place called Hartbeespoort Dam. The plan was to drive around the whole dam and take photos. Afterwards we would go get breakfast and then walk around a bit before going home.

Halfway there, I realised I left my camera battery on the charger. It sucked.
So the plan changed and we went straight to breakfast, we ate at a place called Pick-A-Pancake. This place serves meal sized pancakes filled with your choice of food or dessert. About one third through my meal I realised that it was filled with onions. (I really, really dislike onions.) This resulted in me giving up my meal and ordering a Flake Chocolate Ice Cream one.

It was at this stage that the waiter thought I had eaten both and nearly dropped dead. Warnings of both being big were given and the ordering of a side plate of chips and a Dom Pedro made him look at me and wonder where the hell I keep it all.



Anyway, Afterwards we took my mommy to the second hand bookstore and told her to pick as many books as she like. When she found them all I paid for them. Yet while I was paying something caught my eye. These four amazing photography books (as pictured above) priced at R10 each. These books normally cost R100 or more. Needless to say they were perfect condition and now they're just chilling in my bookshelf.

Thank you mommy.
Thank you brother.
Thank you Hartbeespoort.
Thank you cool old lady with the second hand bookshop.

Jun-A.
x

Comments (0)